Enjoy the Best food in the Mountains!
Food Treks are included for all our treks. For your last lunch in Aguas Calientes or for all train tours, you will have the option of many restaurants that exist in Aguas Calientes village.
But, you wonder, how is the quality of the food treks provided by Inka Trail Explorer during the treks – prepared by a chef in a small tent on a small stove. Our professionally trained chefs prepare the best breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks – all served with a smile! After completing each day’s trek you enjoy a social happy hour before tucking into a delicious buffet dinner that will undoubtedly exceed all your expectations Food on the trail.
All food is prepared from fresh ingredients purchased CUSCO local market and transported by our porters or Horses, then prepared by the chef. No canned or rehydrated food here! All fresh, healthy and delicious!
Special dietary needs? No problem! We cater to vegetarians, vegans and all food allergies.
How about water? We take tap water from each campsite and boil it for 15 minutes so it is safe for you to drink. There is plenty of water provided during each trek and you only need to carry enough water until you get to the first lunch stop. You can refill your bottles at breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
You will be fed 5 times a day beginning with a big breakfast, then a snack, tremendous lunch, afternoon tea (locally called HAPPY HOUR by our guides), and finally dinner. You have down below a little example of what we offer on our treks.
- Breakfast – Scrambled eggs, pancakes, omelets, porridge, cereal, fruit salad, toast, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate
- Snack – Fruit, cookies, cereal, chocolate, candies
- Lunch – Corn or mushroom soup, chicken and rice, sausage, fried fish, ceviche, steak, beans, fried rice, french fries, boiled potatoes, vegetables, salad
- Happy Hour – Popcorn, fried wontons, tea, coffee
- Dinner – Stuffed chicken, vegetable tortillas, pizza, spaghetti, sautéed vegetables, salad